In 2000 the small township of Walkerton Ontario witnessed the largest outbreak of E.Coli infections in Canada’s history. The water utility claimed the town water was safe, but it wasn’t and many people paid with their lives.
Links of potential interest:
- Walkerton Ontario
- Toronto Ontario
- Walkerton E. coli Outbreak
- Death On Tap: The Poisoning Of Walkerton
- The Walkerton Inquiry Report
- Heavy Rainfall and Waterborne Disease Outbreaks: The Walkerton Example
- Factors That Led To The Walkerton Tragedy
- Walkerton Death Toll Revised
- Ontario Pays $72M To Victims Of Walkerton
- The Walkerton Tragedy
- Inside Walkerton: Canada’s Worst-ever E. coli Contamination
- Walkerton Water Crisis Follow-up
- Town Finds Crisis Sharply Painful
- Walkerton 2 years later
- Walkerton Water Declared Safe To Drink
- Definition of Incompetent
- Grandfather Clause
Support Causality on Patreon
Episode Silver Producers: Carsten Hansen, John Whitlow, Joseph Antonio and Kevin Koch.
Episode Gold Producer: 'r'.
Many Tricks: If you’re looking for some Mac software that can do Many Tricks remember to specifically visit the URL below for more information about their amazingly useful apps. Visit manytricks.com/pragmatic and use the Coupon Code (listen to the episode to get the code) for 25% off the total price of your order. Hurry it's only for a limited time!